This isn’t the prettiest chicken salad out there, but really what chicken salad is? This salad is really easy to throw together after a long day and is great warm or cold. You can go as gourmet or as instant as you like by using fresh chicken, fresh grated ginger and garlic, or canned chicken and dried spices, respectively. No matter how you do it (I’ve whipped up dozens of variations myself), this chicken salad packs a satisfyingly flavorful punch.
Recipe: Peanut Chicken Salad
- 3/4 lb Chicken, cubed
- 1 tbsp powdered ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- dash of red pepper flakes
- 2-3 heaping tbs of peanut butter (crunchy or smooth!)
- green scallions, chopped (optional garnish)
- whole or crushed peanuts, or sunflower seeds (optional garnish for extra crunch)
- Marinate the chicken everything but the peanut butter for about 15 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan (non-stick will help with clean up later), with a bit of cooking spray for some extra non-stick action.
- Add chicken and any liquids from marination to the pan and allow to sit untouched (leave it where it falls!) for about 2 minutes. Then flip the pieces and stir a bit.
- Add the peanut butter. Stir as the peanut butter melts and allow to coat all of the chicken. If, after the peanut butter melts, the sauce is too thick, add a splash or two or lukewarm water. If the sauce is too thin, add more peanut butter.
- Take off heat when the chicken is completely cooked and the peanut butter has melted and formed a creamy sauce.
- Serve on a roll, in pita bread, in a warm tortilla as a wrap, or atop a fresh green salad using the extra sauce as dressing. Garnish with green scallions, extra red pepper flakes, or some whole or crushed peanuts or sunflower seeds.
6 responses to “Warm Creamy Peanut Chicken Salad”
well ill admit that it doesnt look to appealing for me but it looks interesting enough for me to want to try it. I have never mixed chicken and peanut butter together so im excited to taste it and see if i like it. It seems to be quick and easy to make so ill give it a shot.
A great idea for future recipes this. Thank you for sharing it. Have you noticed how so many people appear to be cooking again? I wonder if the lack of funds due to the current climate has something to do with it and we all appear to be cooking again! its great!
I have seen quite a few cooking blogs pop up, from my friends too. For me it has always been a way of life. Iâ€™ve cooked at home to save money and still eat adventurously even before the economic issues of this past year. Still, Iâ€™m glad people are getting back in the kitchen, as I live in a city of people who by and large donâ€™t even use theirs.
My favorite kind of Salad is none other Potato Salad. it really taste yummy.”;`
My girlfriend and I just made this for a second time last night. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Hmm… This recipe looks pretty easy to make. This gives me an idea on what we will have for dinner tonight.
Thanks for the share. Will look forward for more.